Vascular Access Tethers™
Harness, 1 Channel, for Rats
Harness, 2 Channel, for Rats
Button, 1 Channel, for Rats
Button, 2 Channel, for Rats
Button, 3 Channel, for Rats
Harness, 1 Channel, for Mice
Harness, 2 Channel, for Mice
Button, 1 Channel, for Mice
Button, 2 Channel, for Mice
Covance Infusion Harness™
Dacron Mesh Button Tethers
Polysulfone Button Tethers
Polyester Felt Mouse Button
Replacement Tether Spring
Head Block Tethers
Head Block Tether for Rats
Head Block Tether for Mice
Vascular Access Harness™ for Rat Blood Sampling
Instech’s Vascular Access Harness™ is ideal for sampling blood from rats.
To withdraw manual samples, simply access the port in the harness using the needle-free VAH6M injector attached to a syringe. The fluid path is not opened to the environment and the design prevents backflow that can lead to a loss of patency.
When used with automated blood samplers, including the Instech ABS2™, the Dilab® AccuSampler® or the BASi Culex®, animals can be dosed outside the cage and then connected to the tether line in just a few seconds before the first scheduled sample is withdrawn.
- Animals can be ordered pre-catheterized and with the VAH installed. See Surgical Service Partner list.
- Instech ABS users: use low dead-volume VAH95T/ABS or KVAH95T/ABS tethers to minimize sampling times and volume borrowed during the sampling process.
- DiLab AccuSampler users: use the KVAH95T/DILAB tether kit which includes a 20ga swivel. The AccuSampler is not compatible with KVAH95T/ABS. See AccuSampler Settings for Instech Vascular Access Harness white paper, prepared by VeruTech AB, the founders and owners of DiLab. Note that Instech is the authorized distributor of DiLab consumables in the US.
- BASi Culex users: use the VAH95ABH harness with a Raturn® rotating-cage-based system. The Raturn tether clip attaches to the hole in the harness. Use the standard VAH95AB with a swivel-based Culex ABC system.
- Also available in a two-channel version for simultaneous infusion and sampling or for bile sampling.
- Now available in a miniature version for mouse blood sampling.
- Also available in a version with long (14in/36cm) belly bands for large rats or guinea pigs. Contact us for pricing on VAH95AB14. (Standard belly bands are 9in/23cm.)
- Contact Instech for
pricing on order quantities of 50 or more pieces or for custom
Dilab and AccuSampler are registered trademarks of VeruTech AB. Culex and Raturn are registered trademark of Bioanalytical Systems, Inc.
||Rat VAH harness, 22ga, with injector, sterile
||$33 / each
||Rat VAH harness with 4mm hole for Culex attachment, injector, sterile
||$35 / each
||Rat VAH tether assembly, low dead volume 017 PU tubing for ABS, 10.5in, sterile
||$16 / each
||Rat VAH tether kit for ABS: VAH95T/ABS, 375/22P, sterile
||$48 / each
||Rat VAH tether kit for AccuSampler: VAH95T, 375/20P, sterile
||$48 / each
||Injectors for rat VAH and VAB, needleless, 10 sterile pouches of 5
||$125 / box of 50
||Injectors for rat VAH and VAB, needleless, 50 sterile pouches of 5
||$495 / box of 250
tether information [PDF]